- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Addressing parents and teachers, this straightforward exploration of motivation for learning as a lifelong trait is a significant contribution to the understanding of a complex process." —Publishers Weekly
"A succinct and thought-provoking book for parents, teachers, and educators." —Library Journal
Part One: How Children Become Motivated to Learn.
1. Motivation: The Key to Learning.
2. Family, School, Culture: Powerful Influences.
3. Eagerness to Learn: Cultivating the Desire.
4. Grades, Homework, and Television: Thorny Concerns.
Part Two: How to Support a Child's Learning and SolveMotivational Problems.
5. Building a Positive Parent-Teacher Relationship.
6. Fostering Success in Learning.
7. Reducing Anxiety Over Tests and Grades.
8. Overcoming Boredom and Indifference.
9. Encouraging Effort and Perseverance.
Epilogue: Creating Friendship Between a Child and Learning.