1. Earth materials and the geosphere.
2. Atoms, elements, bonds and coordination polyhedra.
3 Atomic substitution, phase diagrams and isotopes.
5. Mineral properties and rock-forming minerals.
6. Optical identification of minerals.
7. Classification of igneous rocks.
8. Magma and intrusive structures.
9. Volcanic features and landforms.
10. Igneous rock associations.
11. The sedimentary cycle: erosion, transportation, deposition and sedimentary structures.
12. Weathering, sediment production and soils.
13. Detrital sediments and sedimentary rocks.
14. Biochemical sedimentary rocks.
16. Metamorphism: stress, deformation and structures.
17. Texture and classification of metamorphic rocks.
18. Metamorphic zones, facies and facies series.
19. Mineral resources and hazards.
List of elements.