Easy Care Shade Flowersby Patricia A. Taylor
- Select plants that thrive in shade, require practically no maintenance, and add interest to any
Gardens surrounded by beautiful old trees--or stark new buildings--can now be transformed into wonderlands of tranquil beauty and grace, alive with delightful color and luxuriant foliage. An experienced shade gardener herself, Taylor tells you how to:
- Select plants that thrive in shade, require practically no maintenance, and add interest to any setting
- Choose the best location, based on type of shade, and dryness or moisture of the soil
- Simplify pest control and eliminate chemical fertilizers
- Design a garden filled with flowers or foliage in every season of the year
Profiles of public and private gardens across the country-from a city lot in New York to a wooded property in Missouri and a salt-air ocean site in California-beautifully capture the remarkable diversity of shade gardening. Lavish full-color photos and detailed descriptions of more than 350 shade-loving bulbs, ground covers, wall covers, wall climbers, shrubs, annuals, and perennials, plus recommended sources, will have gardeners enthusiastically pursuing the joys of this "shady" enterprise.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.31(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.38(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This book is very helpful for beginning to intermediate shade gardeners, especially if you live in the Mid-Atlantic states. The plant descriptions are brief but cover both the good and the bad points of each. This is a great book to get you started, and also as a quick reference.