Easy Emg / Edition 1by Lyn D Weiss, Julie Silver, Jay Weiss, Julie K. Silver
Pub. Date: 05/01/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Easy-to-read and well-organized, this one-of-a-kind resource offers a basic introduction in both electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS). Inside, readers will find expert guidance on how to perform and interpret EMGs as well as the fundamental principles of electrodiagnostic testing. Readers will also find coverage of the testing of the most… See more details below
Easy-to-read and well-organized, this one-of-a-kind resource offers a basic introduction in both electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS). Inside, readers will find expert guidance on how to perform and interpret EMGs as well as the fundamental principles of electrodiagnostic testing. Readers will also find coverage of the testing of the most common conditions encountered in daily practice. At-a-glance tables, combined with clear illustrations showing the correct needle placement for each condition, and a convenient pocket size, make this the ideal reference to carry on the go or have on hand in the lab.
• Provides a quick presentation of just the basic facts needed by the beginner.
• Includes illustrations on how to perform basic nerve conduction studies and needle EMG, providing two resources in one.
• Reviews commonly encountered conditions to assist the reader with turning theory into practice.
• Presents quick access to information on the most common conditions seen in practice.
• Features at-a-glance tables that concisely present complicated information.
• Depicts precise needle placement through unique computer-generated illustrations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 0.60(w) x 5.50(h) x 8.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. What is an EMG?
2. Why do electrodiagnostic studies?
3. About the machine
4. Nerve conduction studies
6. Injury to peripheral nerves
7. How to plan out the examination
9. Carpal tunnel syndrome
10. Ulnar neuropathy
11. Radial neurotherapy
13. Spinal stenosis
14. Peroneal neuropathy
15. Tarsal tunnel syndrome
16. Peripheral neuropathy
18. Brachial plexopathies
19. Lumbosacral plexopathies
20. Motor neuron diseases
21. How to write a report
22. Tables of normals
24. Glossary of EMG terms
Appendix 1 Figures for Table 4.3 Nerve conduction studies setup
Appendix 2 Figures to Table 5.4 Common muscles innervation, location and needle placement
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >