***This Book has been formatted and optimized for Nook. It includes a hyper-linked Table of Contents for easy navigation.
Are you looking to add dynamic content your flat HTML pages? Or maybe you're a web designer who needs to learn some new scripting skills to satisfy their customers.
Whatever your reasons, this book aims to teach the basics of the PHP scripting language and how to access a MySQL database.
PHP is one the most successful and widely used scripting languages on the Internet today, combined with the powerful and free MySQL database management system it can provide a web developer with a rich environment in which to create dynamic database driven websites.
If you are dealing with flat HTML pages, you have probably wondered to yourself just how difficult can it be to add dynamic content? but of course you're not a programmer how would you know?
Inside Easy PHP - A Beginners Guide to PHP & MySQL Programming in Easy Steps:
This book will guide you step by step and will help you better understand how PHP works.
Easy PHP is a complete beginners guide to the PHP scripting language, once you complete the course detailed within you will have a fundamental knowledge of everything you need to know to get started in creating dynamic, database driven web pages.
Starting with the basics, this book will take it step by step, utilizing examples along the way, and by the end you will be proficient enough to start including dynamic content in your own websites.
Also included within this guide a list of further resources, more sources of free learning and links to many PHP related information sites, whether you want to learn enough PHP to extend your own website or start a new career as a web developer, this guide is a fantastic first step.
Some of the things you will learn in the guide:
• What is a variable?
• How to display dynamic text in a webpage.
• How to write code loops.
• How to write IF statements.
• How to query a MySQL database.
Get your hands wet with over 20 scripts to get your dynamic website up-and-running today!
Just copy and paste and you're good to go.
Here are some of the scripts:
• Current Month/Day/Date With HTML Colors & Formatting
• Change Background Color Based On Day Of The Week
• Add Date Time Stamp "Page Last Updated On..."
• Setting And Retrieving A Cookie
• Showing The Surfer Average Vote Statistics
• PHP Simple Slot Machine
• Random Text Link Advertising
• Searching Through Meta Tags For A Search Engine
• Searching Through A Directory And Picking Out Files
• Shuffling And "Cutting" A Deck Of Playing Cards
• Admin Interface For Adding And Deleting Users Using MySQL
• Reader Rated Most Useful Entries
• Creating A MySQL Table Using A PHP Script
• MySQL Based Counter Script For Multiple Pages
• Display A Different Image For Each Day Of The Week
• Random Image
• Password Protect A Page
• Random Quotes
• Directory List