Eating Disorders: Anatomy of a Social Epidemic / Edition 2by Richard Gordon
Pub. Date: 04/17/2000
In an extensively revised new edition of the successful Anorexia and Bulimia, Richard Gordon includes new information and discussion of the latest ideas in this rapidly growing research field. The past two decades have witnessed an enormous increase in the number of cases of eating disorders in industrial societies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2ND, REVISED
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.85(d)
Table of ContentsAcknowledgements.
1. Culture and Psychopathology: The Notion of an Ethnic Disorder.
2. Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa.
3. Dimensions of an Epidemic: The Epidemiology of Eating Disorders.
4. A Conflicted Female Identity.
5. The Thin Body Ideal.
6. The War Against Fat: Obesity, Dieting, and Exercise.
7. The Templates of a Disease.
8. The Cultural Politics of Eating Disorders.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >