- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In an extensively revised new edition of the successful Anorexia and Bulimia, Richard Gordon includes new information and discussion of the latest ideas in this rapidly growing research field. The past two decades have witnessed an enormous increase in the number of cases of eating disorders in industrial societies.
"He (Gordon) has successfully produced a very useful volume, which can be recommended as a primer which is readable, informative and well referenced...interesting and persuasive...coverage of the field is broad and most approaches are represented. A good read." Paul Robinson, European Eating Disorders Review, 2000, Vol 9, No 1.
1. Culture and Psychopathology: The Notion of an EthnicDisorder.
2. Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa.
3. Dimensions of an Epidemic: The Epidemiology of EatingDisorders.
4. A Conflicted Female Identity.
5. The Thin Body Ideal.
6. The War Against Fat: Obesity, Dieting, and Exercise.
7. The Templates of a Disease.
8. The Cultural Politics of Eating Disorders.