List of Figures.
List of Tables.
Part I: Population Aging and the Income of the Elderly.
2. The Graying of America and the World.
3. The Economic Well-being of Older Americans.
Part II: Retirement Planning and Policies.
4. Economics of Retirement and Old Age.
5. Work and Retirement.
6. Retirement Policies and Pension Plans.
Part III: Social Security Programs and Reforms.
7. Social Security Benefits and Program Objectives: An Individual Perspectives.
8. Social Security Financing and Reform Issues.
9. Disability Policy.
Part IV: Health and Long Term Care for Older Persons.
10. The Financing and Delivery of Acute Health Care Services.
11. Additional Health Issues: Long Term Care.