1. Introduction to Economics Appendix: Graphing.
2. Economic Decision Making and Economic Systems.
3. Demand, Supply, and the Determination of Price.
II. The Macroeconomy.
4. Goals and Problems of the Macroeconomy: Employment, Prices, and Production.
5. Foundations of the Macroeconomy.
6. The Role of Government in the Macroeconomy.
7. Money, Financial Institutions, and the Federal Reserve.
8. Money Creation, Monetary Theory, and Monetary Policy.
9. Macroeconomic View-Points and Models.
III. The Microeconomy.
10. Households and Businesses: An Overview.
11. Benefits, costs, and Maximization.
12. Production and the costs of Production.
Appendix: A Further Look at Short-Run Average and Marginal Costs.
13. Competition and Market Structures.
Appendix: Determining the Profit-Maximizing Price and Output for a Firm.
14. Government and the Markets.
15. Labor Markets, Unions, and the Distribution of Income.
IV. The International Economy.
16. International Trade.
17. International Finance.