- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book provides information about fundamental institutions and relationships that affect quality of life, and provides a framework for thinking through and understanding the process of decision making. Furthermore, the text is designed as a primary text for an introduction to basic economics or principles of economics and offers a balanced presentation of macroeconomics and microeconomics.
1. Introduction to Economics Appendix: Graphing.
2. Economic Decision Making and Economic Systems.
3. Demand, Supply, and the Determination of Price.
II. The Macroeconomy.
4. Goals and Problems of the Macroeconomy: Employment, Prices, and Production.
5. Foundations of the Macroeconomy.
6. The Role of Government in the Macroeconomy.
7. Money, Financial Institutions, and the Federal Reserve.
8. Money Creation, Monetary Theory, and Monetary Policy.
9. Macroeconomic View-Points and Models.
III. The Microeconomy.
10. Households and Businesses: An Overview.
11. Benefits, costs, and Maximization.
12. Production and the costs of Production.
Appendix: A Further Look at Short-Run Average and Marginal Costs.
13. Competition and Market Structures.
Appendix: Determining the Profit-Maximizing Price and Output for a Firm.
14. Government and the Markets.
15. Labor Markets, Unions, and the Distribution of Income.
IV. The International Economy.
16. International Trade.
17. International Finance.