27164 2011 Hard cover 15th Updated ed. Very good. No dust jacket. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 890 p. Contains: Illustrations. Audience: General/trade. I have for sale a ...VERY GOOD CONDITION hardbound textbook of 890 pages titled " ECONOMICS TODAY " Fifteenth Edition, Updated Edition, written by Roger LeRoy Miller with a copyright year of 2011 by Pearson Education ( ISBN 0-13-213946-4 ) (27164) This textbook has minor cover, corner and edge wear. A couple of cover corners are somewhat bent. Fanning through the pages, I did not see any markings and/or highlighting.Read moreShow Less
Miller’s Economics Today remains committed to providing readers with discussion and coverage of the most current issues and events. Given the immense changes in our economy over the past year, the Updated 15th Edition addresses what has occurred and discusses the importance of today’s major economic issues.
Product dimensions: 8.40 (w) x 10.10 (h) x 1.40 (d)
Meet the Author
Roger LeRoy Miller is currently affiliated with the Institute for University Studies in Arlington, Texas. Prior to this affiliation, he has held faculty appointments at the University of Washington at Seattle, the University of Hawaii, Clemson University, and the University of Miami, where he co-founded the Law and Economics Center.
Miller has authored and co-authored a myriad of articles and textbooks. He is the sole author of the best-selling Economics Today text and a co-author of the highly successful Economics of Public Issues. In addition to his work in academia, Miller has been invited to give talks and lectures across America, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and France. He has also served as a consultant to several law firms and numerous state and federal agencies.
1. The Nature of Economics.
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs.
3. Demand and Supply.
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis.
5. The Public Sector and Public Choice.
6. Taxes, Transfers, and Public spending.
II. INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH.
7. The Macroeconomy, Unemployment, Inflation, and Deflation.
8. Measuring the Economy's Performance.
9. Global Economic Growth and Development.
III. NATIONAL INCOME DETERMINATION AND FISCAL POLICY.
10. Real GDP and the Price Level in the Long Run.
11. Classical and Keynesian Macro Analyses.
12. Consumption, Income and the Multiplier.
13. Fiscal Policy.
IV. MONEY, STABILIZATION, AND GROWTH.
14. Money, Banking, and Central Banking.
15. Money Creation and Deposit Insurance.
16. Domestic and International Dimensions of Monetary Policy.
17. Stabilization in an Integrated World Economy.
18. Policies and Prospects for Global Economic Growth.
V. DIMENSIONS OF MICROECONOMICS.
19. Consumer Choice.
20. Demand and Supply Elasticity.
21. Rents, Profits and the Financial Environment.
VI. MARKET STRUCTURE, RESOURCE ALLOCATION, AND REGULATION.
22. The Firm: Cost and Output Determination.
23. Perfect Competition.
25. Monopolistic Competition.
26. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior.
27. Regulation andAntitrust in a Globalized Economy.
VII. LABOR RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
28. Labor Demand and Supply.
29. Unions and Labor Market Monopoly Power.
30. Income, Poverty, and Health Care.
31. Environmental Economics.
VIII. GLOBAL ECONOMICS.
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy.
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments.