Edgeloop Character Modeling For 3D Professionals Only / Edition 1by Kelly L. Murdock, Eric Allen
Pub. Date: 09/12/2006
Learn the secrets for breathing life into your characters with this guide to edgeloop modeling. As you progress through the pages of this book, you'll create a character with personality, realistic form, and natural motion. Guided by computer graphics expert Kelly Murdock and award-winning artist and animator Eric Allen, your character will grow and develop along with your expertise. You'll:
- learn to use edgeloop selection and creation features in 3ds Max®, Maya®, Softimage, and Modo.
- take a comparative look at point, box, loft, and other character modeling methods.
- model a detailed body form that is anatomically correct and has detailed facial features.
- enhance a character with hair and clothing
- texture a character completely using high-resolution texture map.
A CD-ROM accompanies the book.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Part I: Introducing Character Modeling and Edgeloops.
Chapter 1: Character Design.
Chapter 2: Modeling Approaches—A Comparative Look.
Chapter 3: Introducing Edgeloop Modeling.
Part II: Creating a Body Form.
Chapter 4: Building the Body Torso.
Chapter 5: Adding Arms and Legs.
Chapter 6: Modeling Hands and Feet.
Part III: Modeling the Head and Facial Features.
Chapter 7: Creating the Head Form.
Chapter 8: Creating the Nose and Eyes.
Chapter 9: Adding the Mouth and Ears.
Part IV: Further Refinement and Texturing.
Chapter 10: Final Modeling Refinements.
Chapter 11: Texturing an Edgeloop Character.
Part V: Rigging, Skinning, and Animating Approaches.
Chapter 12: Rigging and Skinning an Edgeloop Character.
Chapter 13: Animating an Edgeloop Character.
Apendix A: Edgeloop Modeling Commands for 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, and Modo.
Appendix B: What’s on the CD-ROM.
End-User License Agreement.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >