Education: 1999-2000 Edition / Edition 26by Fred Schultz, Fred Schultz
Pub. Date: 01/28/1999
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This annually updated reader is a compilation of carefully selected education-related articles from magazines,newspapers,and journals.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. How Others See Us and How We See Ourselves
1. Paying Attention to Our Children: Educational Dilemmas for Americans, Patricia Albjerg Graham, Current, May 1998.
2. Restoring the Impulse to Dream: The Right to a Quality Public Education, Bob Chase, Vital Speeches of the Day, October 15, 1997.
3. How to Teach Our Children Well (It Can Be Done), Steve Wulf, Time, October 27, 1997.
4. American Mayhem, David Heim, The Christian Century, June 3-10, 1998.
5. The 30th Annual Phi Delta Kappa/Gallup Poll of the Public's Attitudes toward the Public Schools, Lowell C. Rose and Alec M. Gallup, Phi Delta Kappan, September 1998.
UNIT 2. Rethinking and Changing the Educative Effort
6. New Ways of Education, Chester E. Finn Jr. and Rebecca L. Gau, The Public Interest, Winter 1998.
7. Innovators as Catalysts for Restructuring Schools, W. Robert Houston, The Educational Forum, Spring 1998.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >