- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This text profiles the standards, procedures and statutes governing one of the most highly regarded state education systems in the United States. This edition has been totally revised and streamlined, resulting in a text that still provides broad coverage but does so in a succinct fashion. The coverage is up-to-date, pertinent, and topical. Includes the most recent information available regarding research findings, professional practice, legislative outcomes, and judicial decisions and their present and future implications. Reviews the 1997 congressional reauthorization of IDEA. Discusses the hot topic of school finance. Appropriate for readers interested in Texas education.
I. THE ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF EDUCATION.
1. Overview of Texas Education Law.
2. The Texas State Board of Education.
3. The Texas State Board for Educator Certification.
4. Financing Schools in Texas.
5. Academic Excellence Indicators.
6. Academic Excellence Indicator System Report.
7. Charter Schools.
8. Discipline Management.
9. Classroom Management.
10. Sexual Harrassment and Sexual Abuse of Students.
11. Education Vital Signs.
II. THE FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC EDUCATION.
12. Cultural Diversity in Texas Schools.
13. Demographics of the School Population.
14. Major Events That Shaped America's Schools.
15. Education Since 1960.
16. The Public's Attitude Toward the Public Schools.
17. The Condition of Public Education.
III. THE CURRICULUM.
18. Curriculum Contrasts: A Historical Review.
19. The Status of the State Curriculum.
20. Student Performance.
21. Special Education in Texas.
22. Gifted/Talented Students in Texas Schools.
23. Bilingual Education and English as a Second Language.
25. Middle Schools in Texas.
26. The Instructional Materials Adoption Process.
27. Elements of School Effectiveness.
28. SCANS Report: Learning a Living.
29. Outcome-Based Education.
30. Total Quality Management
IV. THE EDUCATION PROFESSION.
31. Teaching as a Profession.
32. Restructuring and Professional Knowledge.
33. Site-Based Decision Making.
34. Professional Organizations.
35. Learner-Centered Schools.
36. Explicit Teaching.
37. The Lesson Cycle.
38. The Professional Development Appraisal System.