Educational Psychology, Active Learning Edition, MyLabSchool Edition / Edition 9by Anita E. Woolfolk-Hoy
Pub. Date: 12/27/2004
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
MyLabSchoola powerful set of online tools that bring the classroom to life!
With real video footage of teachers and students interacting, an interactive system for collecting observations, and a seamlessly integrated suite of tools for lesson planning, portfolio development, and standards integration/b>/b>/i>/b>
MyLabSchoola powerful set of online tools that bring the classroom to life!
With real video footage of teachers and students interacting, an interactive system for collecting observations, and a seamlessly integrated suite of tools for lesson planning, portfolio development, and standards integration from TaskStream, you'll get a clear sense as to what being in a real classroom is like! MyLabSchool also includes a practice PRAXIS test and video PRAXIS tutorial, helping you prepare for your certification exam. In addition, if you use MyLabSchool, you'll receive résumé advice, interview coaching, a test preparation clinic, and more through the through our Teacher's Career Center.
MyLabSchool integrates the most powerful tools and resources available to help teachers in training succeed.
- MLS VideoLab
Experience concepts as they unfold in actual classrooms. MLS VideoLab lets you observe real teachers demonstrating best practices and reflect on your own responses to classroom situations. With more than 20 hours of high-quality video footage and exercises tied to central concepts in your instructor's course, MLS VideoLab gives you the benefit of authentic experience in context.
- TaskStream PILOT
A powerful tool for creating standards-based lesson plans and employment portfolios, this exciting program delivers full correlations of state and national teaching standards, useful assessment rubrics, and a host of Web resources for teacher candidates.
- MLS Career Center
- Preparing for the PRAXIS offerspractice exams, video cases, and a wealth of information and advice on certification tests.
- Getting the Job offers an easy-to-use toolkit for creating a digital portfolio, as well as tips on interviewing and the job search.
- Doing the Job Well provides sample lesson plans, classroom activities, assessments, and more.
- The Career Center provides additional help with résumés, portfolios, and job searching.
- Research Navigator™
Pearson Education's exclusive database of reliable source material, including the EBSCO Academic Journal and Abstract Database and The New York Times Search by Subject Archive, helps you quickly and efficiently make the most of your research time. Not only can you use Research Navigator™ for your education course, you can use it for every other course that you're taking this term! Research Navigator™a $15 valueis FREE with MyLabSchool. Visit ablongman.com/researchnavigator to learn more.
Students, you can only access MyLabSchool if your instructor has set up a MyLabSchool course. Visit mylabschool.com to registerall you need are your instructor's course ID and an access code (FREE when packaged with a new copy of this book or available for purchase at your bookstore) OR a credit card to purchase immediate online access. If your instructor is not using MyLabSchool, ask him or her to consider MyLabSchool to give you every chance to succeed in your course!
Visit mylabschool.com today and discover a powerful new destination for teacher-in-training success!
---EXAM COPY EDITION---
The best selling Educational Psychology text in a new, unique format!
Derived from Anita Woolfolk's market-leading Educational Psychology, Ninth Edition, the most thorough, accessible, and authoritative text on the market, this new Active Learning Edition breaks educational psychology content into manageable "modules." The Ninth Edition's 15 chapters now appear as 43 briefer modules, which are easy to cover in shorter academic terms and will make learning easier for students.
In addition to presenting comprehensive, expert coverage of all topics teachers need to understand about how students learn and all the classroom applications for which the author is justly renowned, the modules are grouped into clusters that allow for deeper context and background for each topic. Further, each module is a self-contained learning unit, with learning objectives and review questions ("Check Yourself") that provide immediate reinforcement of key concepts and build students' confidence in their grasp of the material.
Package this text with MyLabSchoola powerful set of online tools that bring the classroom to life!
With real video footage of teachers and students in the classroom, an interactive system for collecting observations, and a seamlessly integrated suite of tools for lesson planning, portfolio development, and standards integration from TaskStream, you'll get a clear sense of what being in a real classroom is like!
Visit mylabschool.com for more information!
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Preface: How to Use This Book.
I. TEACHERS, TEACHING AND EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY.
1. Educational Psychology for Teachers.
II. COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT AND LANGUAGE.
2. Development: Some General Principles.
3. Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development.
4. Vygotsky's Sociocultural Perspective.
5. Implications of Piaget and Vygotsky for Teachers.
III. PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT.
6. Understanding Ourselves and Others.
7. Moral Development.
8. Socialization: Family, Peers, and Teachers.
IV. LEARNER DIFFERENCES AND LEARNING NEEDS.
9. Individual Differences: Intelligence, Cognitive Processing, and Learning Styles.
10. Integration and Inclusion: Teaching Every Child.
11. Ability Differences and Teaching.
V. CULTURE AND COMMUNITY.
12. Diversity in Today's Classrooms.
13. Girls and Boys: Differences in the Classroom.
14. Creating Culturally Compatible Classrooms.
VI. BEHAVIORAL VIEWS OF LEARNING.
15. Behavioral Explanations of Learning: Contiguity, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning.
16. Applied Behavior Analysis.
17. Behavioral Approaches to Teaching and Management.
VII. COGNITIVE VIEWS OFLEARNING.
18. Elements of the Cognitive Perspective: Information Processing.
19. Long-Term Memory: The Goal of Teaching.
20. Cognition and Metacognition.
VIII. COMPLEX COGNITIVE PROCESSES.
21. Learning and Teaching About Concepts.
22. Problem Solving.
23. Teaching for Transfer.
IX. SOCIAL COGNITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVIST VIEWS OF LEARNING.
24. Social Learning and Social Cognitive Theories.
25. Constructivism and Situated Learning.
26. Applications of Constructivist and Situated Perspectives on Learning.
X. MOTIVATION IN LEARNING AND TEACHING.
27. Motivation: A Definition and Four General Approaches.
28. Goals, Interests and Emotions.
30. Motivation to Learn in School.
XI. CREATING LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS.
31. Creating a Positive Learning Environment.
32. Maintaining a Good Environment for Learning.
33. The Need for Communication.
XII. TEACHING FOR ACADEMIC LEARNING.
34. The First Step: Planning.
35. VTeacher-Directed Instruction.
36. Student-Centered Teaching in Content Areas and Inclusive Classrooms.
XIII. TEACHING FOR SELF-REGULATION, CREATIVITY, AND TOLERANCE.
37. Self-Regulation and Agency.
38. Creativity and Community.
XIV. EVALUATION, MEASUREMENT AND ASSESSMENT.
39. Definitions and Concepts.
40. Standardized Tests.
41. Issues and New Directions in Standardized Testing.
42. Getting the Most from Traditional Classroom Assessment Approaches: Testing and Grading.
43. Innovations in Classroom Assessment.
Appendix I: Becoming a Professional: Passing the PRAXIS(tm), Insights About Job Interview Questions, Creating Your Teaching Portfolio, Enhancing Your Expertise With Technology.
Appendix II: Standards and Licensure: PRAXIS II(tm) and INTASC.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >