Trade paperback New. No dust jacket. 100% BRAND NEW ORIGINAL US PAPERBACK STUDENT 11th Edition / Mint condition / Never been read / ISBN-13: 9780135094105 / Shipped out in one ...business day with free tracking.Read moreShow Less
• Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
– Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
– The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
Anita Woolfolk Hoy is a Professor of educational psychology at The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, where she studies teachers’ thinking and the role of educational psychology in the preparation of teachers. She is the editor of the journal Theory into Practice, and the author of over 70 book chapters and research articles. Her professional offices include Vice-President for Division K (Teaching & Teacher Education) of the American Educational Research Association, and President of Division 15 (Educational Psychology) of the American Psychological Association. Professor Woolfolk Hoy has published research in the areas of teacher cognition, student perceptions of teachers, teachers’ beliefs, student motivation, and the application of educational psychology to teaching. Her work appears in the Journal of Educational Psychology, American Educational Research Journal, Review of Research in Education, Teaching and Teacher Education, the Elementary School Journal, Action in Teacher Education, Teachers College Record, Educational Researcher, and the Educational Psychologist. Her text, Educational Psychology (Allyn and Bacon), is in its 11th edition and is the most widely read introduction to educational psychology in the field. She is married to Wayne K. Hoy, the Novice Fawcett Chair in Educational Administration at The Ohio State University. Together have completed the 3rd edition of Instructional Leadership: A Research-Based Guide to Learning in Schools (Allyn & Bacon) and conduct research on teacher and school efficacy. They have three children: Wayne, President of Advanced Software Products; Kelly, a teacher at The Phillips Brooks School in Menlo Park, CA; and Liz, a student in Columbus, OH. Their insights about education are frequently volunteered and greatly appreciated.