Educational Research: An Introduction / Edition 7by Meredith D. Gall, Joyce P. Gall, Walter R. Borg, Walter R. Borg
Pub. Date: 07/29/2002
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
This graduate-level textbook introduces the major research methods and types of data analysis currently in use, with detailed discussion of both qualitative and quantitative research. Chapters are ordered so as to reflect the research process, beginning with planning and progressing through specific approaches to research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting. Meredith and Joyce Gall are affiliated with the University of Oregon. Borg taught at Utah State University. Annotation ©2003 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.46(h) x 1.15(d)
Table of Contents
I. EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH: THE FIELD.
1. The Nature of Educational Research.
II. PLANNING A RESEARCH STUDY.
2. Developing a Research Proposal.
3. Ethical, Legal, and Human Relations Issues in Educational Research.
4. Reviewing the Literature.
III. RESEARCH METHODS.
5. Statistical Techniques.
6. Selecting a Sample.
7. Collecting Research Data with Tests and Self-Report Measures.
8. Collecting Research Data with Questionnaires and Interviews.
9. Collecting Research Data Through Observation and Content Analysis.
IV. QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH DESIGN.
10. Descriptive and Causal-Comparative Research Designs.
11. Correlational Research Designs.
12. Experimental Designs, Part 1.
13. Experimental Designs, Part 2.
V. APPROACHES TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH.
14. Case Study Research.
15. Qualitative Research Traditions.
16. Historical Research.
VI. APPLICATIONS OF RESEARCH.
17. Evaluation Research.
18. Action Research.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >