- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
— Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
— The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
PART 1: THE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROFESSION: FOUNDATIONS
Chapter 1: Continuity and Change in Early Childhood Education
Chapter 2: Building on a Tradition of Excellence
Chapter 3: Understanding and Applying Developmentally Appropriate Practice
PART 2: Learing and Developing from Birth to Age 8 (Who we teach)
Chapter 4: Applying What We Know about Children’s Learning and Development
Chapter 5: Adapting for Individual Differences
Chapter 6: Embracing a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse World
PART 3: Intentional Teaching (How to Teach)
Chapter 7: Building Effective Partnerships with Families
Chapter 8: Creating a Caring Community of Learners: Guiding Young Children
Chapter 9: Teaching to Enhance Learning and Development
Chapter 10: Planning Effective Curriculum
Chapter 11: Assessing Children’s Learning and Development
PART 4: IMPLEMENTING AN EFFECTIVE CURRICULUM (WHAT TO TEACH)
Chapter 12: Teaching Children to Communicate: Language, Literacy, and the Arts
Chapter 13: Teaching Children to Investigate and Solve Problems: Mathematics, Science, and Technology
Chapter 14: Teaching Children to Live in a Democratic Society: Social-Emotional Learning and Social Studies
Chapter 15: Teaching Children to Be Healthy and Fit: Physical Development and Health
Chapter 16: Putting It All Together in Practice: Making a Difference for Children