Skin exposure to chemicals can result in very serious and in some
cases life-threatening health problems. Exposures to such chemicals
are not only a risk to you; they may pose a hazard to your family if
carried home from work on your hands or clothing.
• Do you want to make sure that the hazards you’re exposed to at
work aren’t carried home to your family?
• Are you or your family embarrassed by your skin problems, such as
rashes and sores?
• Are you experiencing discomfort or pain as a result of a skinrelated
• Have you lost personal or work time dealing with a skin problem?
Does a skin problem affect or limit your daily life?
• Could these skin problems keep you from doing your job?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, learn more about
how to recognize and control health problems related to chemical
exposures to the skin.