James K. Stoller, MD, MS
Jean Wall Bennett Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Chair, Education Institute
Head, Cleveland Clinic Respiratory Therapy
Desk NA 22
9500 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44195
Office: (216) 444-1960
Fax: (216) 445-8160
Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care / Edition 7by Craig L. Scanlan, James K. Stoller, Robert L. Wilkins, Stoller
An outstanding revision of the classic EGAN'S FUNDAMENTALS, this comprehensive text provides excellent coverage of the role of respiratory care practitioners, scientific bases for treatment, and clinical applications. It progresses from the foundations of respiratory care to applied anatomy and physiology, assessment, discussion of specific respiratory illnesses,… See more details below
An outstanding revision of the classic EGAN'S FUNDAMENTALS, this comprehensive text provides excellent coverage of the role of respiratory care practitioners, scientific bases for treatment, and clinical applications. It progresses from the foundations of respiratory care to applied anatomy and physiology, assessment, discussion of specific respiratory illnesses, basic therapy, acute and critical care, and preventive and long-term care. Special features have been designed with the student in mind and include outlines, active learning objectives, key terms and glossary, "Mini-Clinis," "Rules of Thumb," and bulleted key-point summaries. To improve students' clinical-skill application, CPGs and TDPs are included in appropriate chapters to familiarize students with the use of patient care guidelines and decision trees.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Showcases NEW chapters on ECG and Lab Assessment, Nutrition, and Sleep Disorders.
• Supplies NEW section, "Synopsis of Cardiopulmonary Disease," with eight chapters that discuss cardiopulmonary diseases.
• Includes NEW Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) to give students important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
• Provides NEW Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) to guide students in decision making as they assess patients, initiate care and evaluate outcomes.
• More than double the number of "Mini-Clinis" (short, critical-thinking vignettes) that demonstrate how content covered in the text applies to patient care.
• Presents key content in bulleted points at the end of each chapter to identify key concepts in each chapter.
• Incorporates a NEW "Rules of Thumb" feature throughout the text to highlight rules, formulas, and key points important to clinical practice.
• Offers a newly revised student workbook and a NEW computerized test bank as ancillaries.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.85(w) x 11.22(h) x 2.07(d)
Meet the Author
James K. Stoller, MD, MS
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Section One: Foundations of Respiratory Care 1 Quality Respiratory Care 2 Patient Safety, Communication, and Recordkeeping 3 Principles of Infection Control 4 Ethical and Legal Implications of Practice Section Two: Technological Bases for Respiratory Care 5 Physical Principles in Respiratory Care 6 Computers Applications in Respiratory Care Section Three: Applied Anatomy & Physiology 7 The Respiratory Care System 8 The Cardiovascular System 9 Ventilation 10 Oxygen Transport and Delivery (Gas Exchange) 11 Solutions, Body Fluids, and Electrolytes 12 Acid-Base Balance 13 Regulation of Breathing Section Four: Assessment of Respiratory Disorders 14 Bedside Assessment 15 ECG and Laboratory Assessment 16 Analysis and Monitoring of Gas Exchange 17 Pulmonary Function Testing 18 Thoracic Imaging: Chest X-ray, CT, and MRI Section Five: Synopsis of Cardiopulmonary Disease 19 Pulmonary Infections 20 Obstructive Lung Disease: COPD, Asthma, Bronchiectasis, and Related Conditions 21 Interstitial Diseases 22 Pleural Diseases 23 Pulmonary Vascular Disease 24 Acute Lung Injury, Pulmonary Edema, and Multiple System Organ Failure 25 Lung Neoplasms 26 Neuromuscular and Other Diseases of the Chest Wall 27 Disorders of Sleep Section Six: Basic Therapeutics 28 Airway Pharmacology 29 Airway Management 30 Emergency Life Support 31 Humidity and Bland Aerosol Therapy 32 Aerosol Drug Administration 33 Storage and Delivery of Medical Gases 34 Medical Gas Therapy 35 Lung Expansion Therapy 36 Airway Clearance Techniques Section Seven: Acute and Critical Care 37 Respiratory Therapy and the Need for Ventilatory Support 38 Ventilatory Modes and Functions 39 Physics/Physiology of Ventilatory Support 40 Initiating and Adjusting Ventilatory Support 41 Patient Management and Monitoring 42 Discounting Ventilatory Support 43 Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care Section Eight: Preventive and Long Term Care 44 Patient Education and Health Promotion 45 Nutritional Aspects of Health and Disease 46 Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation 47 Respiratory Care in Alternative Settings Appendices Glossary Normal Values Key Equations Citations for Consensus Statements and Practice Guidelines
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >