- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Showcases NEW chapters on ECG and Lab Assessment, Nutrition, and Sleep Disorders.
• Supplies NEW section, "Synopsis of Cardiopulmonary Disease," with eight chapters that discuss cardiopulmonary diseases.
• Includes NEW Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) to give students important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
• Provides NEW Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) to guide students in decision making as they assess patients, initiate care and evaluate outcomes.
• More than double the number of "Mini-Clinis" (short, critical-thinking vignettes) that demonstrate how content covered in the text applies to patient care.
• Presents key content in bulleted points at the end of each chapter to identify key concepts in each chapter.
• Incorporates a NEW "Rules of Thumb" feature throughout the text to highlight rules, formulas, and key points important to clinical practice.
• Offers a newly revised student workbook and a NEW computerized test bank as ancillaries.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some color illustrations.
Posted December 19, 2001
This book covers all areas needed for respiratory therapy students. It is somewhat on the 'technical' side of reading. Use this book as a reference book after the instructor has covered a chapter of material. Many times I found more technical information in this book when the instructor covered material lightly.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.