Electric Power Systems / Edition 4by B. M. Weedy, B. J. Cory
Pub. Date: 07/07/1998
Now comprehensively updated, this classic text provides an essential foundation in power systems engineering. The emphasis on practical analysis and modelling, so successful in previous editions, is retained while extensive theory and complex mathematics are avoided. The fourth edition considers new possibilities for energy storage, reviews the effect of electromagnetic fields on human health and explores the impact of privatization on planning, operation and distribution issues. Features of the fourth edition:
* Extended coverage of power system components including 2-axis concepts, Flexible a.c. Transmission (FACT) devices and modern switchgear
* A new chapter on power system economics and management providing guidance on pricing and markets in the light of recent infrastructure changes
* Examination of substations detailing digital protection methods, reliability, security and emergency control
* Discussion of system stability and the prevention of voltage collapse
* New problems and end of chapter worked examples designed to assist the learning process
* Introduction to optimization and optimal power flow calculations
* New sections on monitoring and control with SCADA, state estimation and Energy Management Systems (EMS) plus an update on h.v.d.c. transmission
Offering enhanced, clear and concise explanations of practical engineering applications, this updated edition will ensure that Electric Power Systems continues to be an invaluable reference for senior undergraduates in electrical engineering.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.21(w) x 6.14(h) x 1.31(d)
Table of ContentsBasic Concepts.
Components of a Power System.
Control of Power and Frequency.
Control of Voltage and Reactive Power.
Overvoltages and Insulation Requirements.
Substations and Protection.
Basic Power-System Economics and Management.
Bibliography and Further Reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >