Electrical Engineering Uncovered / Edition 2by Richard M. White, Roger W. Doering
Pub. Date: 03/02/2001
Electrical Engineering Uncovered gives the reader an introduction to electrical engineering and a sense of what professional engineers do. The book uses familiar examples, like water flowing through a garden hose, to illustrate the electronics discussed and ease the reader into the subject. Topics include up-to-date Internet information;/b>/i>/b>
Electrical Engineering Uncovered gives the reader an introduction to electrical engineering and a sense of what professional engineers do. The book uses familiar examples, like water flowing through a garden hose, to illustrate the electronics discussed and ease the reader into the subject. Topics include up-to-date Internet information; new material on micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS); digital electronics; computer architecture; communications; and digital signal processing. Short, one-page templates are included for the different kinds of technical writing an engineer would typically produce. As a reference for electrical engineers.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
I. ON BEING AN ENGINEER.
1. Modeling Processes.
2. Engineering Design: Why? What? How?
3. Engineering Ethics.
4. Meaningless Precision: 22.6 Grams of Fat Per Serving.
5. About Those Other Fields of Engineering.
6. Logarithmic Unit for a Person's Pay: The Salarybel.
7. How Many Words Is A Picture Really Worth?
8. Favorite Programs.
9. Some Really Interesting Technical and Semi-Technical Books.
10. Advice to Freshmen.
11. On Communicating.
12. Templates for Technical Writing.
13. The Internet.
14. Optical Communications.
15. Industry-University Cooperation in MEMS.
16. Brief Technical Articles.
17. Entrepreneurship: It's Your Business.
18. Unsolved Problems and Unanswered Questions.
II. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING—SURVEY OF THE FIELD.
19. Direct Current Fundamentals.
20. Alternating Currents and Components.
21. What Can You Do with These Components?
22. Digital Logic Devices.
23. Computer Architecture.
24. What's in the Box?
25. Semiconductors: From Ns and Ps to CMOS.
26. The Load Line and Your Car Battery.
27. CMOS Logic and Memory.
28. Other Semiconductor Devices and Circuits.
29. Fabrication of Ics and MEMS.
30. Power for the People.
31. Wireless Communication Systems.
32. Digital Signal Processing.
33. Electronics Terminology Brought to You by the Good Guys.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >