Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems / Edition 6by Theodore Wildi
Pub. Date: 01/26/2005
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This best-selling book employs a theoretical, practical, multidisciplinary approach to provide introductory users with a broad understanding of modern electric power. The scope of the book reflects the rapid changes that have occurred in power technology over the past few years–allowing the entrance of power electronics into every facet of industrial/b>… See more details below
This best-selling book employs a theoretical, practical, multidisciplinary approach to provide introductory users with a broad understanding of modern electric power. The scope of the book reflects the rapid changes that have occurred in power technology over the past few years–allowing the entrance of power electronics into every facet of industrial drives, and expanding the field to open more career opportunities. The author covers thefundamentals of electricity, magnetism and circuits, mechanics and heat, electrical machines and transformers, electrical and electronic drives, and electric utility power systems. For managers of electrical utilities, electricians, electrical contractors and electrical maintenance personnel.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.20(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Fundamentals of Electricity, Magnetism and Circuits.
3. Fundamentals of Mechanics and Heat.
Part II: ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND TRANSFORMERS.
4. Direct-Current Generators.
5. Direct-Current Motors.
6. Efficiency and Heating of Electrical Machines.
7. Active, Reactive, and Apparent Power.
8. Three-Phase Circuits.
9. The Ideal Transformer.
10. Practical Transformers.
11. Special Transformers.
12. Three-Phase Transformers.
13. Three-Phase Induction Motors.
14. Selection and Application of Three-Phase Induction Machines.
15. Equivalent Circuit of the Induction Motor.
16. Synchronous Generators.
17. Synchronous Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Stepper Motors.
Part III: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC DRIVES.
20. Basics of Industrial Motor Control.
21. Fundamental Elements of Power Electronics.
22. Electronic Control of Direct-Current Motors.
23. Electronic Control of Alternating Current Motors.
Part IV: ELECTRIC UTILITY POWER SYSTEMS.
24. Generation of Electrical Energy.
25. Transmission of Electrical Energy.
26. Distribution of Electrical Energy.
27. The Cost of Electricity.
28. Direct-Current Transmission.
29. Transmission and Distribution Solid-State Controllers.
31: Programmable Logic Controllers
Appendix A: Conversion Charts.
Appendix B: Properties of Insulating Materials.
Appendix C: Properties of Conductors and Insulators.
Appendix D: Properties of Round Copper Conductors.
Answers to Problems.
Answers to Industrial Application Problems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >