Electromyography in Clinical Practice: A Case Study Approach / Edition 2by Bashar Katirji
The only case-based guide to electromyography-back in a fully revised and updated New Edition! This practical resource examines how to approach, diagnose, and manage the most commonly encoun-tered disorders in the EMG laboratory. Based on actual cases, it correlates patient history, physical exam, EMG findings, relevant anatomy, treatment, and follow-up to help… See more details below
The only case-based guide to electromyography-back in a fully revised and updated New Edition! This practical resource examines how to approach, diagnose, and manage the most commonly encoun-tered disorders in the EMG laboratory. Based on actual cases, it correlates patient history, physical exam, EMG findings, relevant anatomy, treatment, and follow-up to help readers sharpen their clinical problem-solving skills. New cases have been added, and every case includes the latest advances in knowledge and technique.
• Features study questions, answers, and clinical discussions of how experts manage cases to help readers work through the problems presented.
• Summarizes the results of nerve conduction studies and EMG data with standardized tables.
• Includes more than 200 relevant imaging studies and anatomic figures.
• Makes information easy to find with a uniform chapter organization.
• Offers a consistent approach to electromyography based on Dr. Katirji's broad knowledge and clinical experience.
• 7 new case studies, including Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy, Ischemic Monomelic Neuropathy, and Myotonic Dystrophy.
• Three new chapters on Nerve Conduction Studies, Needle EMG Examination, and Specialized Procedures.
• Many new and revised figures that clarify complex information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction to Clinical Electromyography
Nerve Conduction Studies
Needle EMG Examination
Overview of Electromyography Laboratory Procedures and Reporting
Case 1: Nerve Injury
Case 2: Ischemic Monomelic Neuropathy
Case 3: Tourniquet Paralysis
Focal Disorders of the Lower Extremity
Case 4: Lumbosacral Radiculopathy
Case 5: Sciatic Neuropathy
Case 6: Femoral Neuropathy
Case 7: Lumbosacral Plexopathy
Case 8: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
Case 9: Diabetic Amyotrophy
Case 10: Peroneal Neuropathy
Focal Disorders of the Upper Extremity
Case 11: Ulnar Neuropathy at the Wrist
Case 12: Axillary Neuropathy
Case 13: Cervical Radiculopathy
Case 14: Radial Neuropathy
Case 15: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Case 16: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Case 17: Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow
Case 18: Neuralgia Amyotrophy (Acute Brachial Plexitis)
Case 19: Myasthenia Gravis
Case 20: Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
Case 21: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Case 22: Diabetic Peripheral Polyneuropathy
Case 23: Polymyositis
Case 24: Mononeuropathy Multiplex
Case 25: Lambert-Eaton Syndrome
Case 26: Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Case 27: Myotonic Dystrophy
Case 28: Dorsal Ganglionopathy (Sensory Neuronopathy)
Case 29: Guillian-Barre Syndrome
Case 30: Botulism
Case 31: Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy
Case 32: Multifocal Motor Neuropathy
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >