Electronic Project Design and Fabrication / Edition 6by Ronald A. Reis
Pub. Date: 05/19/2004
Publisher: Prentice Hall
With its hands-on approach and careful focus on key topics, this innovative book gives thorough coverage of the fundamentals of electronic design, fabrication, and documentation, PLUS a complete experience in creating electronic prototype devices. Readers can work their way through projects covering all skill levels and will learn how to present a/b>
With its hands-on approach and careful focus on key topics, this innovative book gives thorough coverage of the fundamentals of electronic design, fabrication, and documentation, PLUS a complete experience in creating electronic prototype devices. Readers can work their way through projects covering all skill levels and will learn how to present a thorough Project Report—with written and graphic documentation—delineating procedures, developments, and specifications of a project. This book asks the reader to both design and construct a project and document the procedure. Easy to read and informative, it covers safety; the design process; drawings; technical writing; experimenting; prototyping through printed circuit board design, fabrication, and final assembly and packaging; testing, troubleshooting, and final documentation; computer-aided design (CAD); and surface mount technology. An excellent reference for industrial, mechanical, and electronic engineers, as well as technical writers in these fields.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.10(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
I. PROJECT DESIGN AND FABRICATION.
1. An Overview—Making It in Electronics.
2. Safety—It's Your Life.
3. The Design Process—An Idea Is Born.
4. Drawings—Show Me a Plan.
5. Technical Writing—Telling It Like It Is.
6. Experimenting—Breadboarding to Prove Out the Design.
7. Prototyping—Printed Circuit Board Design.
8. Prototyping—Printed Circuit Board Fabrication.
9. Prototyping—Final Assembly and Project Packaging.
10. Testing, Troubleshooting, and Final Documentation—The Moment of Truth.
11. Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and the Project Design Process.
II. PROJECT DESIGN AND FABRICATION USING SURFACE MOUNT TECHNOLOGY.
12. Introduction to Surface Mount Technology.
13. Project Design and Fabrication Using Surface Mount Technology.
14. SMT Rework—Removal and Replacement of Surface Mount Devices.
III. STUDENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.
15. Sample Project Report/Variable Power Supply.
16. Exercise Project Report/3-Channel Color Organ.
17. Concepts and Requirements Documents and Three-Drawing Set/Elective Projects.
A: Electronics Safety Test.
B: Sheet Metal Layouts.
C: Adding a Voltmeter to the Variable Power Supply Project.
D: Active Component Outline Drawings.
E: Surface Mount Technology Projects.
F: Surface Mount Technology Sources.
G: Books and Magazines.
H: Five-Band Resistor Color Codes.
I: Schematic Capture and Drawing Program Sources.
J: Electronic Kit Sources.
K: Electronic Project Design and Fabrication Websites to Visit.
Answers to Chapter Questions and Safety Test.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >