Elsevier's Integrated Review Pharmacology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 2by Mark Kester, Kelly Dowhower Karpa, Kent E. Vrana
Pub. Date: 12/14/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Effectively merge basic science and clinical skills with Elsevier's Integrated Review Pharmacology, by Mark Kester, PhD, Kelly Dowhower Karpa, PhD, RPh, and Kent E. Vrana, PhD. This concise, high-yield title in the popular Integrated Series focuses on the core knowledge in pharmacology while linking that information to related concepts from other basic science… See more details below
Effectively merge basic science and clinical skills with Elsevier's Integrated Review Pharmacology, by Mark Kester, PhD, Kelly Dowhower Karpa, PhD, RPh, and Kent E. Vrana, PhD. This concise, high-yield title in the popular Integrated Series focuses on the core knowledge in pharmacology while linking that information to related concepts from other basic science disciplines. Case-based questions at the end of each chapter enable you to gauge your mastery of the material, and a color-coded format allows you to quickly find the specific guidance you need. Online access via www.studentconsult.com - included with your purchase - allows you to conveniently access the book's complete text and illustrations online as well as relevant content from other Student Consult titles. This concise and user-friendly reference provides crucial guidance for the early years of medical training and USMLE preparation.
• Spend more time reviewing and less time searching thanks to an extremely focused, "high-yield" presentation.
• Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with case-based, USMLE-style questions that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
• Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com where you'll find the complete text and illustrations, "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources, and much more!
• Grasp and retain vital concepts more easily thanks to a color-coded format, succinct bulleted text, key concept boxes, Top Five lists, and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning in a highly visual approach.
• Effectively review for problem-based courses with the help of text boxes that help you clearly see the clinical relevance of the material.
Great for visual learners!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Pharmacokinetics
Chapter 2 Pharmacodynamics and Signal Transduction
Chapter 3 Toxicology
Chapter 4 Treatment of Infectious Diseases
Chapter 5 Cancer and Immunopharmacology
Chapter 6 Autonomic Nervous System
Chapter 7 Hematology
Chapter 8 Cardiovascular System
Chapter 9 Renal System
Chapter 10 Inflammatory Disorders
Chapter 11 Gastrointestinal Pharmacology
Chapter 12 Endocrine Pharmacology
Chapter 13 Central Nervous System
Case Study Answers
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >