Emergency First Responder (Revised Reprint) - Textbook and RAPID First Responder Package Revised Reprint: Making the Difference / Edition 2by Will Chapleau
Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines, this one-of-a-kind text, pocket reference, and integrated workbook covers both the objectives in the National Standard Curriculum for the First Responder and the new National Education Standards in the recommended course length of 40-60 hours. Students get all the essentials of emergency medical… See more details below
Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines, this one-of-a-kind text, pocket reference, and integrated workbook covers both the objectives in the National Standard Curriculum for the First Responder and the new National Education Standards in the recommended course length of 40-60 hours. Students get all the essentials of emergency medical response care without being overwhelmed. Real-world case scenarios provide students with true-to-life experiences, while Team Work boxes focus on the key points needed to work effectively with other emergency responders. A durable pocket guide is packaged with every text for fast, easy access at the point of care. And, an integrated workbook at the end of every chapter includes questions in a variety of formats to check student understanding!
• Caution! boxes provide tips and precautions for emergency first responders.
• Illustrated step-by-step skill sheets offer easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic interventions required for certification.
• Nuts & Bolts sections at the end of each chapter include Critical Points, Learning Checklists, Key Terms, and a listing of the relevant NSC objectives.
• Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
• A new chapter on Environmental Emergencies highlights those situations most encountered by an emergency first responder in the out-of-doors.
• Documentation and Communications chapter details EMS communications, the essentials of documenting patient care and covers therapeutic communication as it relates to cultural variations.
• Expanded coverage of response to man-made and natural disasters as well as new content on eye irrigation, alcohol and drug crises, nerve agent poisonings, and rural and industrial accidents prepares you to respond to any situation.
• Companion DVD features 12 skills videos and 24 dynamic medical animations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to EMS Systems 2. Well-Being of the Emergency First Responder 3. Legal and Ethical Issues 4. Documentation and Communications - NEW! 5. The Human Body 6. Lifting and Moving Patients 7. Airway Management and Ventilation 8. Patient Assessment 9. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED 10. Medical Emergencies 11. Bleeding, Soft Tissue Wounds, and Shock Management 12. Musculoskeletal Injuries 13. Childbirth 14. Infants and Children 15. Operations 16. Environmental Emergencies - NEW! 17. Special Populations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >