- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* Get state-of-the-art ideas and strategies for organizing and managing mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery at the local level and within the larger intergovernmental context
• Understand new standards for emergency management planning, organization, staffing, training, and emergency operations centers (EOCs)
• Build sustainable communities that will be resilient in the event of disaster
• Develop and collaborate with networks of public, private, and nonprofit entities
• Secure funding for local emergency management initiatives
• And much, much more! The only comprehensive resource and textbook for state-of-the-art emergency management for local government Local governments have become the lead entity in all four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Collectively, local governments are the backbone of the national emergency management system. As emergency management continues to evolve and become more professionalized, you need a sound, reliable and up-to-date resource to guide you. This brand new edition of ICMA's landmark book is designed to assist current and future emergency managers in fulfilling their crucial function by providing context, sharing experience, and offering insights into today's challenges in emergency management.