Emotional Intelligence For Dummiesby Steven J. Stein
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Being aware of and in control of your emotions is one of the keys to success in life -- both professionally and personally. Emotional Intelligence For Dummies will show you how to take control of your emotions rather than letting your emotions control you! Discover how developing your emotional intelligence can further your relationships with others, in the workplace and at home. Emotional awareness is also a critical skill for career success, and Dr. Stein provides practical exercises for developing this skill and achieving your professional and personal goals. He also provides valuable insights into how emotional intelligence can be applied to raising children and teenagers and realizing personal happiness. Full of lively anecdotes and practical advice, Emotional Intelligence For Dummies is the ideal book for anyone who wants to get smart about their feelings and reach the next level at work and at home.
- Manage your emotions - identify your feelings, determine what beliefs cause negative emotions, and stop self-destructive behaviors
- Discover the power of empathy - read other people's emotions through facial cues and body language and show them you understand their feelings
- Thrive at work - find a job that's right for you, overcome hassles and fears, and develop your leadership skills
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships - discover how to take your partner's emotional temperature and manage emotions to grow closer
- Raise an emotionally intelligent child - keep your cool with your child, coax shy children out of their shells, and get your child to be less aggressive and defiant
Meet the Author
Steven J. Stein, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and CEO of Multi-Health Systems (MHS), a leading international test publishing company. A leading expert on psychological assessment and emotional intelligence, he has consulted to military and government agencies, including the U.S. Air Force, Army, and Navy; special units of the Pentagon; and the FBI Academy; as well as corporate organizations, including American Express, Canyon Ranch, and professional sports teams.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This is a good overview of EQ for those who would like to learn the basics. It is missing some action of putting EQ into place but it is a good overview of the areas people can work on. I would say buy it if you are new to the area and want to learn more quickly.