Brent Bradley, PhD, is Associate Professor of Family Therapy at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, and president of The Couple Zone (www.couplezone.org). Dr. Bradley is a certified emotionally focused couple therapist, supervisor, and trainer. James Furrow, PhD, is Professor of Marital and Family Therapy at the Fuller Graduate School of Psychology. Dr. Furrow is executive director of the Los Angeles Center for EFT and a certified emotionally focused couple therapist, supervisor, and trainer.
Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy For Dummiesby Brent Bradley, James Furrow
One of the most successful therapeutic approaches to healing dysfunctional relationships, emotionally focused couple therapy provides clients with powerful insights into how and why they may be suppressing their emotions and teaches them practical ways to deal/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A practical, down-to-earth guide to using the world's most successful approach to couple therapy
One of the most successful therapeutic approaches to healing dysfunctional relationships, emotionally focused couple therapy provides clients with powerful insights into how and why they may be suppressing their emotions and teaches them practical ways to deal with those feelings more constructively for improved relationships. Unlike cognitive-behavioural therapy, which provides effective short-term coping skills, emotionally focused therapy often is prescribed as a second-stage treatment for couples with lingering emotional difficulties. Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy For Dummies introduces readers to this ground-breaking therapy, offering simple, proven strategies and tools for dealing with problems with bonding, attachment and emotions, the universal cornerstones of healthy relationships.
- An indispensable resource for readers who would like to manage their relationship problems independently through home study
- Delivers powerful techniques for dealing with unpleasant emotions, rather than repressing them and for responding constructively to complex relationship issues
- The perfect introduction to EFT basics for therapists considering expanding their practices to include emotionally focused therapy methods
- Packed with fascinating and instructive case studies and examples of EFT in action, from the authors' case files
- Provides valuable guidance on finding, selecting and working with the right EFT certified therapist
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Excellent resource! The authors do an exceptional job explaining how we get stuck in relationships and offer practical ways to reconnect. Highly recommend.
This is a very practical, down to earth, easy to understand book that is useful for the general public and therapists alike. If you are or know someone who is struggling in their relationship, this will explain the dynamics of what is going on and very likely show you the way to the light at the end of the tunnel.