EMT Prehospital Care / Edition 3by Mark C. Henry, Edward R. Stapleton, Edward R. Stapleton
Packed with outstanding full-color, clinical photos and illustrations, the fourth edition of this comprehensive text focuses on why you take certain actions in the field, as well as how. It provides thorough, yet practical coverage of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC) for the EMT-Basic, the new National Education Standards, and the National Registry of EMTs… See more details below
Packed with outstanding full-color, clinical photos and illustrations, the fourth edition of this comprehensive text focuses on why you take certain actions in the field, as well as how. It provides thorough, yet practical coverage of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC) for the EMT-Basic, the new National Education Standards, and the National Registry of EMTs National EMS Practice Analysis. This comprehensive approach helps you better understand the process of disease progression and your role in prehospital patient care.
- Clinically comprehensive text promotes critical thinking by providing information on why as well as how, going beyond NSC objectives and the new National Education Standards.
- Nearly 1,000 full-color illustrations and photographs complement the text and provide visual reinforcement of anatomy and physiology, procedures, and equipment.
- Key Terms are defined within each chapter, so you can concentrate on the topic covered rather than frequently looking up unfamiliar terminology.
- Review Questions with answers at the end of every chapter give you immediate feedback on your progress.
- Chapter-opening scenarios, Case-in-Point boxes, and The Bottom Line sections promote critical thinking and encourage you to apply key concepts.
- Evolve Learning Resources include anatomy challenges, a body spectrum electronic coloring book, chapter checklists, an English-Spanish audio glossary, learning objectives, lung sounds, PowerPoint lecture notes, web links, and links to NREMT skill sheets.
- New chapter on Abuse and Assault, plus a totally revised chapter on Patient Assessment that aligns with the new National Education Standards.
- Case-in-Point boxes feature real-life case studies that challenge you to apply related concepts covered in the chapter.
- Real World boxes highlight important issues involving geriatric and pediatric patients, cultural considerations, and on-scene information.
- Extended Transport boxes address the needs of rural EMTs by highlighting necessary information for long transports.
- More than 150 new photographs and clear, easy-to-read text make this edition clinically relevant, interesting to read, and easy to comprehend.
- A companion DVD includes video skills and medical animations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.60(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||Introduction to Emergency Medical Care||1|
|Ch. 2||Well-Being of the EMT-Basic||21|
|Ch. 3||Medicolegal and Ethical Issues||50|
|Ch. 4||The Human Body||67|
|Ch. 5||Baseline Vital Signs and SAMPLE History||114|
|Ch. 6||Lifting and Moving Patients||132|
|Ch. 8||Scene Size-up||212|
|Ch. 9||Initial Assessment||228|
|Ch. 10||Focused History and Physical Examination of Trauma Patients||250|
|Ch. 11||Focused History and Physical Examination of Medical Patients||271|
|Ch. 12||Detailed Physical Examination||282|
|Ch. 13||Ongoing Assessment||296|
|Ch. 16||General Pharmacology||334|
|Ch. 17||Respiratory Emergencies||345|
|Ch. 18||Cardiovascular Emergencies||368|
|Ch. 19||Altered Mental Status||403|
|Ch. 21||Poisoning and Overdoses||446|
|Ch. 22||Environmental Emergencies||473|
|Ch. 23||Behavioral Emergencies||497|
|Ch. 24||Obstetrics and Gynecology||510|
|Ch. 25||Bleeding and Shock||540|
|Ch. 26||Soft Tissue Injuries||562|
|Ch. 27||Chest and Abdominal Trauma||604|
|Ch. 28||Musculoskeletal Care||624|
|Ch. 29||Injuries to the Head and Spine||658|
|Ch. 30||Infants and Children||708|
|Ch. 31||Ambulance Operations||747|
|Ch. 32||Gaining Access||769|
|Ch. 33||Disasters and Hazardous Materials||779|
|Ch. 34||Advanced Airway Management||808|
|Ch. 35||Weapons of Mass Destruction and the EMT||839|
|Ch. 36||Geriatric Emergencies||878|
|App. A||Infection Control Guidelines for Prehospital Care||889|
|App. B||Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation||893|
|App. C||Maintenance of Intravenous Lines||914|
|App. D||Domestic Violence and Elderly Abuse||918|
|App. E||National Registry Skill Sheets||924|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >