- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This informative and unique look at the world of EMS education presents techniques, strategies, and the author's enthusiasm for the profession. It starts out by exploring the lifelong commitment to becoming the best teacher and EMS instructor one can be, and ends with a summary of what the author has loved and learned in 25 years of classroom teaching. The other chapters cover excellence in the EMT curriculum and program design, creating a learning environment, motivating the adult learner, building and improving upon the basic lesson plan, delivering a lecture, 21st century education media, and the importance of student evaluations. For both new and experienced EMS instructors.
Incl. educational media in EMS classroom, digitized graphics & video/animation, designing exams, student evaluations etc.
1. Kaizen in the Classroom: Becoming a World-Class Teacher.
2. First Class: Setting Up a Winning Program.
3. Setting the Stage: Creating a Learning Environment.
4. Keeping the Spark Alive: Motivating the Adult Learner.
5. Education or Training.
6. The Blueprint: Creating the Basic Lesson Plan.
7. Polishing the Stone: Advanced Lesson Planning.
8. The Power of the Pulpit: Lecturing as a Performing Art.
9. Variety Is the Key: Twentieth-Century Educational media.
10. Star Wars: Twenty-first century Educational Media.
11. Making the Grade: Evaluating You and Your Students.