- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. Beer types.
2. Description of beverages related to beer.
3. Terms used in the brewing process from raw materials through to packaging.
4. Descriptions of the terms used in the biochemistry, microbiology and genetics which underpin brewing.
5. Laboratory methods used for the analysis of beer and raw materials, equipment used, and interpretation of outputs.
6. Quality assurance / control systems and standards.
7. Hygiene and cleaning processes.
8. Small and large-pack packaging.
9. Engineering terms in malting, brewing, packaging and dispense.
10. Above and below the bar beer dispense, including glassware.
11. Beer flavour chemistry.
12. Historical terms.
13. Legislation relevant to brewing.
14. International perspective - cross-referencing of common terms used by brewers worldwide.
1. Scientific units used in brewing and their interconversion.
2. Measures of capacity.
3. Taxonomy of brewing yeasts.
4. Worked examples of common brewery calculations.
5. Relationship between product temperature and pasteurization units.
6. Relationship between density of ethanol/water mixtures by volume and by mass.
7. Solubility of pure gases in water and beer.
8. Relationship between CO2 solubility by weight and by volume.
9. Relationship between specific gravity and concentration of commonly used sugars.
10. Other sources of information including relevant internet sites.
11. Yeast culture collections.
12. Names an addresses of trade organisations relevant to beer and brewing.
13. Sources of training, examinations relevant to brewing