Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns / Edition 2by Thomas N. Bulkowski
Pub. Date: 04/15/2005
The Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, recognized as the premier reference on chart pattern analysis, extends its lead with this Second Edition. This definitive text includes new bull and bear market statistics, performance sorted by volume shape and trend, more than a dozen additional chart patterns, and a new section covering ten event patterns. Significant… See more details below
The Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, recognized as the premier reference on chart pattern analysis, extends its lead with this Second Edition. This definitive text includes new bull and bear market statistics, performance sorted by volume shape and trend, more than a dozen additional chart patterns, and a new section covering ten event patterns. Significant eventssuch as earnings announcements, stock upgrades and downgradesshape today's trading, and Bulkowski gives readers the best information on what happens after those events occur. He also shows you how to trade them and uses reliable statistics to back it all up.
In each chapter of Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, Second Edition you'll learn the following about each pattern:
- Results SnapshotA statistical summary of pattern behavior, including its performance rank, breakeven failure rate, average rise or declineall separated by breakout direction and market type (bull or bear)
- TourA broad introduction to the pattern
- Identification Guidelines Characteristics to look for
- Focus on FailuresWhat failed patterns look like, why they failed, and how to avoid them
- StatisticsThe numbers and what they tell you, separated into bull/bear markets and breakout direction, including average rise or decline, failure rates, volume shapes, performance by size, and busted pattern performance
- Trading TacticsStrategies to increase profits and minimize risk
- Sample TradePuts it all together, showing the chart pattern in action, with hypothetical or actual trades using real data
- For Best PerformanceA table of selection tips to boost performance
Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, Second Edition also includes summary tables ranking chart- and event-pattern performance for easy reference; a glossary; a chapter on methodology explaining what each statistical table entry means and how it was calculated; and a visual index to make chart pattern identification a snap.
The result is today's most comprehensive and valuable technical analysis referenceone that will save you critical time in identifying chart patterns and increase your likelihood of buying near the price bottom and selling near the top.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Chart Patterns.
1. Broadening Bottoms.
2. Broadening Formations, Right-Angled and Ascending.
3. Broadening Formations, Right-Angled and Descending.
4. Broadening Tops.
5. Broadening Wedges, Ascending.
6. Broadening Wedges, Descending.
7. Bump-and-Run Reversal Bottoms.
8. Bump-and-Run Reversal Tops.
9. Cup with Handle.
10. Cup with Handle, Inverted.
11. Diamond Bottoms.
12. Diamond Tops.
13. Double Bottoms, Adam & Adam.
14. Double Bottoms, Adam & Eve.
15. Double Bottoms, Eve & Adam.
16. Double Bottoms, Eve & Eve.
17. Double Tops, Adam & Adam.
18. Double Tops, Adam & Eve.
19. Double Tops, Eve & Adam.
20. Double Tops, Eve & Eve.
22. Flags, High and Tight.
24. Head-and-Shoulders Bottoms.
25. Head-and-Shoulders Bottoms, Complex.
26. Head-and-Shoulders Tops.
27. Head-and-Shoulders Tops, Complex.
28. Horn Bottoms.
29. Horn Tops.
30. Island Reversals.
31. Islands, Long.
32. Measured Move Down.
33. Measured Move Up.
35. Pipe Bottoms.
36. Pipe Tops.
37. Rectangle Bottoms.
38. Rectangle Tops.
39. Rounding Bottoms.
40. Rounding Tops.
41. Scallops, Ascending.
42. Scallops, Ascending and Inverted.
43. Scallops, Descending.
44. Scallops, Descending and Inverted.
45. Three Falling Peaks.
46. Three Rising Valleys.
47. Triangles, Ascending.
48. Triangles, Descending.
49. Triangles, Symmetrical.
50. Triple Bottoms.
51. Triple Tops.
52. Wedges, Falling.
53. Wedges, Rising.
PART TWO: Event Patterns.
54. Dead-Cat Bounce.
55. Dead-Cat Bounce, Inverted.
56. Earnings Surprise, Bad.
57. Earnings Surprise, Good.
58. FDA Drug Approvals.
59. Flag, Earnings.
60. Same-Store Sales, Bad.
61. Same-Store Sales, Good.
62. Stock Downgrades.
63. Stock Upgrades.
Glossary and Methodology.
Index of Chart and Event Patterns.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I, Sanjib Ray from India, have been immensely benefited from Mr. Bulkowski's "Encyclopedia of Chart Pattern" . Sir, your book is one of the best books of Technical Analysis I have ever read.