Joe Mysak joined The Bond Buyer in 1981 as a copy editor and learned about municipal bonds from the ground up, eventually rising to editor and publisher of the newspaper. In 1994, he founded a series of municipal market–related biweekly newsletters for the Interest Rate Publishing Corporation. In 1999, Mysak joined Bloomberg News as a columnist. He is also the author of the book Handbook for Muni-Bond Issuers.
Encyclopedia of Municipal Bonds: A Reference Guide to Market Events, Structures, Dynamics, and Investment Knowledgeby Joe Mysak
Until now, there has been no accessible encyclopedia, dictionary, nor guide to the world of municipal bonds. Comprehensive and objective, this groundbreaking volume covers the history and mechanics of the municipal market in clear and understandable terms. It covers all aspects/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
An accessible reference that explores every aspect of the municipal bond market
Until now, there has been no accessible encyclopedia, dictionary, nor guide to the world of municipal bonds. Comprehensive and objective, this groundbreaking volume covers the history and mechanics of the municipal market in clear and understandable terms. It covers all aspects of the market, including pricing, trading, taxation issues and yields, as well as topical events such as the financial crisis, hysteria about defaults and Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy, fraud, and regulation.
Encyclopedia of Municipal Bonds also contains entries on important historical events and provides much-needed context for this field.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about municipal bonds in one comprehensive resource
- Joe Mysak is the author of the Bloomberg bestseller Handbook for Muni Issuers
- Demystifies the world of municipal bonds for both the novice and professional investor
- Explores issues such as the Orange County bankruptcy, the Jefferson County default, the New York City financial crisis, and the surprisingly recent creation of the modern municipal market
Encyclopedia of Municipal Bonds offers an essential reference guide for investors, professionals, regulators, insurers, and anyone else involved in the municipal bond market.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews