Clete A. Kushida, M.D., Ph.D. is a neurologist who is a professor in the department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Stanford University Medical Center, medical director of the Stanford Sleep Medicine Center, and director of the Stanford Center for Human Sleep Research. He is president of the World Sleep Federation, past president of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and founding president of the California Sleep Society. He has conducted basic and clinical sleep research since 1977, has served as principal investigator for numerous federally and industry supported research studies, and has authored or edited over 150 publications, including six books.
Encyclopedia of Sleepby Elsevier Science
In a world of 24-hour media saturation, sleep has become an increasingly fraught enterprise. The award-winning four-volumeEncyclopedia of Sleep is the largest reference, either online or in print, on the subject of sleep. Written to be useful for the novice and the established researcher and clinician, Topic areas will include sleep across the life cycle and/i>
In a world of 24-hour media saturation, sleep has become an increasingly fraught enterprise. The award-winning four-volumeEncyclopedia of Sleep is the largest reference, either online or in print, on the subject of sleep. Written to be useful for the novice and the established researcher and clinician, Topic areas will include sleep across the life cycle and in other species, sleep and women, sleep and the elderly, pediatric sleep, sleep deprivation and loss, sleep mechanisms, sleep physiology and pathophysiology, sleep disorders, neurobiology, chronobiology, pharmacology, and impact of other disorders on sleep.
Recognizing the many fields that are connected to sleep science, the editorial team has been carefully chosen to do justice to this highly interdisciplinary field of study. The steady growth of researchers and clinicians in the sleep field attests to the continued interest in the scientific study of sleep and the management of patients with sleep disorders, and anyone involved in this exciting field should find this work to be an invaluable reference.
- 2013 PROSE Award winner for Multivolume Reference in Science from the Association of American Publishers
- Thoroughly interdisciplinary: looks at sleep throughout the life cycle, with exceptional coverage of basic sleep concepts, the physiology of sleep as well as sleep disorders of all descriptions
- Excellent coverage of sleep and special populations, covering the lifespan, as well as gender and ethnic differences, among others
- Chapters focusing on sleep disorders are grouped under the broad categories classified in the ICSD-2 for clear organization so that the reader can effectively access the steps involved in diagnosing and treating these disorders
- Online version is linked both within the encyclopedia (to related content) and to external sources (such as primary journal content) so that users have easy access to more detailed information if needed
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews