Endocrinology / Edition 6by Mac Hadley, Jonathan Levine, Jon E. Levine
Pub. Date: 11/07/2006
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings
This revision of the classic textbook in endocrinology will offer all of the advantages found in earlier editions of Hadley's "Endocrinology," including clear explanations, interesting applications, and in-depth coverage of vertebrate hormones. In addition, chapters are now presented in a lecture-friendly format, with headers summarizing each of the major… See more details below
This revision of the classic textbook in endocrinology will offer all of the advantages found in earlier editions of Hadley's "Endocrinology," including clear explanations, interesting applications, and in-depth coverage of vertebrate hormones. In addition, chapters are now presented in a lecture-friendly format, with headers summarizing each of the major concepts. As in earlier editions, basic principles of molecular, cellular, and integrative endocrinology are presented early, along with an updated guide to current research and methodologies. Following chapters contain discussions of each of the major endocrine systems, supplemented with the most important and interesting new information. Neuroendocrine and reproductive systems are the specialty of the new co-author of this edition, and corresponding chapters have been appropriately increased in coverage. Special features of this new edition include...
1. Expanded explanations of basic concepts
2. Updated information on research methodologies
3. Latest research findings added to chapters on each endocrine system
4. Additonal diagrams and figures
5. Printed with second color scheme.
6. New "Think, Analyze, and Discuss" review questions
For health professionals, veterinarians, pharmacologists, and anyone in a field where endocrinology is the focus.
- Benjamin Cummings
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Revised Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Endocrinology.
2. The Vertebrate Endocrine System.
3. General Mechanisms of Hormone Action.
4. Endocrine Methodologies.
5. Pituitary Hormones.
6. The Endocrine Hypothalamus.
7. Neurohypophysial Hormones.
8. Melanotropic Hormones.
9. Hormonal Control of Calcium Homeostasis.
10. Gastrointestinal Hormones.
11. Pancreatic Hormones and Metabolic Regulation.
12. Growth Hormones.
13. Thyroid Hormones.
14. Catecholamines and the Sympathoadrenal System.
15. Adrenal Steroid Hormones.
16. Endocrinology of Sex Differentiation and Development.
17. Hormones and Male Reproductive Physiology.
18. Hormones and Female Reproductive Physiology.
19. Endocrinology of Pregnancy, Parturition and Lactation.
20. Endocrine Role of the Pineal Gland.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >