Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Webby Brian Solis
Social media has democratized influence, forever changing the way businesses communicate with customers and the way customers affect the decisions of their peers. With platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook, anyone can now find and connect with others who share similar interests, challenges, and beliefs—creating communities that shape and steer the
Social media has democratized influence, forever changing the way businesses communicate with customers and the way customers affect the decisions of their peers. With platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook, anyone can now find and connect with others who share similar interests, challenges, and beliefs—creating communities that shape and steer the perception of brands. Without engagement in these communities, we miss major opportunities to shape our marketing messages.
However, use of the tools does not guarantee that people will listen. Engagement is shaped by the interpretation of its intentions. In order for social media to mutually benefit you and your customers, you must engage them in meaningful and advantageous conversations, empowering them as true participants in your marketing and service efforts.
With Engage! as your guide, you can effectively compete in this new era of digital Darwinism while engendering the support of online champions. Social and participatory media significantly contribute to the success of every modern business, and with this book, you will find out how to:
- Create a space in the online ecosystem that truly represents your business and cultivates your customers' loyalty and trust
- Participate in the unique culture of each available social media platform to engage your customers
- Establish an organizational structure that constantly targets the next new media trend
- Attract online champions and change agents who will uncover the social networks you need to reach and the influencers who will help build your reputation in the networked world
- Consistently adapt your company to market needs and trends based on the invaluable connections you forge and the empathy and insight you garner in the process
There are thousands of customers waiting to hear from you about your business and vision. It's the minimum ante to create a vibrant and loyal online community. When you engage, you will build an authoritative social network that increases your visibility, relevance, influence, and profitability. It's time to Engage!
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.50(d)
Meet the Author
Brian Solis is globally recognized as one of the most original and most prominent thought leaders in social media. A digital analyst and visionary, Solis has influenced the effects of new media on the convergence of marketing, communications, and traditional media. He is Principal of FutureWorks, an award-winning New Media agency in Silicon Valley, and has led interactive and social programs for Fortune 500 companies, notable celebrities, and Web 2.0 startups. Brian's blog is ranked among the world's elite business and marketing blogs. For more information, visit briansolis.com.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >