- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This resource helps teachers motivate struggling students with strategies that harness their interests and creativity, and encourages educators to create positive learning cultures for all students.
About the Author
Section 1. Improving the Culture for Struggling Students
1. From a Testing to a Learning Culture: "What About Test Scores? "
2. Relationships Are as Important as Content: "What Do You Mean, Build Relationships? My Job Is to Teach History. "
3. Intentional Learning Communities Foster Learning: "What's Community Got to Do With Learning? "
4. How Principles Govern a School Better Than Rules: "So, What About Discipline? "
5. A Democratic School Helps Students Learn: "What's Democratic About Schools? "
Section 2. Improving Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment for Struggling Students
6. Developing Curriculum According to the Right Standards: "What About Standards? "
7. Innovative Instructional Strategies Help Students Learn: "How Do You Get Them to Learn? "
8. Learning From Assessing Learning: "How Do You Know They've Learned? "
Conclusion: The Importance of Looking at the Student as a Whole Person
Resources: Part A. About Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center
Resources: Part B. Test Score Data From Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center