Engineering Graphics - Text Only / Edition 8by Frederick E. Giesecke, Alva E. Mitchell, Henry C. Spencer, Ivan L. Hill
Pub. Date: 08/01/2003
Publisher: Peachpit Press
The Eighth Edition of Engineering Graphics continues to offer the strongest coverage of basic graphics principles. Edition after edition, this text serves as the authoritative source on the subject. With this new edition, we have acted upon the requests of reviewers and survey respondents to improve certain aspects of this book while preserving its core/i>… See more details below
The Eighth Edition of Engineering Graphics continues to offer the strongest coverage of basic graphics principles. Edition after edition, this text serves as the authoritative source on the subject. With this new edition, we have acted upon the requests of reviewers and survey respondents to improve certain aspects of this book while preserving its core presentation.
In particular, the new edition features:
- New Instructor System: Contains Instructor's Resource Guide in both hardcopy and MS Word files, 300 question concept testbank in hardcopy and in MS Word, pdf files of text art, MS PowerPoint slides of key figures, and AutoCAD files of solutions.
- www.prenhall.com/giesecke : Updated to contain over 35 large format, Flash and Windows Media Player animations of concepts keyed to sections/figures in the text, Self-Grading Concept QuestionsT/F, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions for each chapter, Essay Review Questions, Reference Chapters on Graphs, alignment Charts, Empirical Equations and Graphical Mathematics, Chapter Summaries and Objectives, Linksa robust links section on CAD and technical drawing, PowerPoint/PDF files of art from the text, and Edrawingsa new solid modeling technology that lets you view, rotate, and annotate solid models without any special software.
- New four-color signature of key drawing techniques/illustrations
- Content Updates throughout including many new Graphics Spotlight features on topics such as idea generation, internet drawing communication, and using graphics to design surfboards.
- New Drawings problems at the end of many chapters and new screen captures throughout the book.
- All art completely rechecked for accuracy.
- Peachpit Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Graphic Language and Design.
2. Introduction to CAD.
3. Instrumental Drawing, Freehand Sketching, and Lettering Techniques.
4. Geometric Constructions.
5. Sketching and Shape Description.
6. Multiview Projection.
7. Sectional Views.
8. Auxiliary Views.
10. Manufacturing Design and Processes.
13. Threads, Fasteners, and Springs.
14. Design and Working Drawings.
15. Reproduction and Control of Drawings.
16. Axonometric Projection.
17. Oblique Projection.
19. Points, Lines, and Planes.
20. Parallelism and Perpendicularity.
23. Line and Plane Tangencies.
24. Cartography, Geology, and Spherical Geometry.
25. Graphical Vector Analysis.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >