Engineering Materials Technology: Structures, Processing, Properties, and Selection / Edition 5by James A. Jacobs, Thomas Kilduff, Thomas F. Kilduff
Pub. Date: 03/04/2004
Engineering Materials Technology continues to cover basic concepts in materials science, engineering and technology dealing with traditional as well as advanced materials. In addition to coverage of metals, polymers, ceramics and composites, the book offers introductions to emerging technologies such as micro/nano technology,/b>/i>/b>
Engineering Materials Technology continues to cover basic concepts in materials science, engineering and technology dealing with traditional as well as advanced materials. In addition to coverage of metals, polymers, ceramics and composites, the book offers introductions to emerging technologies such as micro/nano technology, environmentally friendly processes and products, smart and morphing materials and trends in surface science and engineering. Industrial and apprentice trainers.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.51(w) x 10.85(h) x 1.97(d)
Table of Contents
I. NATURE & STRUCTURE.
1. Engineering Materials Technology.
2. Nature and Family of Materials.
3. Synthesis, Processing & Structure of Solid Materials.
II. PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS.
4. Properties—Defined & Mechanical.
5. Chemical, Thermal, & Tribological Properties and Corrosion.
6. Electrical & Optical Properties.
III. Evaluation, Standards, Design & Selection.
7. Testing, Failure Analysis, Inspection & Standards.
8. Materials Design, Selection & Characterization.
9. Nature and Thermal Processing of Metals.
12. Metals Powders & Powder Metallurgy.
V. SURFACE SCIENCE & ENGINEERING.
14. Nature of Polymers.
16. Elastomers: Natural & Synthetic Rubbers.
17. Adhesives & Other Important Polymerics.
18. Wood & Related Products.
VII. CERAMIC MATERIALS.
19. Nature & Design of Ceramics.
20. Ceramic Processing.
21. Refractives, Cement, Concrete, Clay, Protective Coatings, & Abrasives.
22. Electronic, Magnetic Ceramics, Smart Ceramics.
23. Glass, Radioactive Materials & Nuclear Fuels.
VIII. COMPOSITE MATERIALS.
24. Fiber Structures & Properties.
25. Composite Structures, Types & Processing.
26. Fastening, Machining, Repair & Evaluation.
IX.OTHER IMPORTANT MATERIALS AND MATERIALS SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY.
27. Microelectronics/Semiconductor Material/Electron Band Theory.
28. Smart Materials, Biometics, Biomaterials Molecular & Nano Systems Engineering, & Manufacturing.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >