Engineering Mathematics / Edition 5by K.A. Stroud, Dexter J. Booth
Pub. Date: 01/05/2001
Publisher: Industrial Press, Inc.
A groundbreaking and comprehensive reference with over 500,000 copies sold since it first debuted in 1970, the new fifth edition of Engineering Mathematics has been thoroughly revised and expanded. For the first time, a Personal Tutor CD-ROM is included with every book. Providing a broad mathematical survey, this innovative volume covers a full range of topics from
A groundbreaking and comprehensive reference with over 500,000 copies sold since it first debuted in 1970, the new fifth edition of Engineering Mathematics has been thoroughly revised and expanded. For the first time, a Personal Tutor CD-ROM is included with every book. Providing a broad mathematical survey, this innovative volume covers a full range of topics from the very basic to the advanced. Whether you're an engineer looking for a useful on-the-job reference or want to improve your mathematical skills, or you are a student who needs an in-depth self-study guide, Engineering Mathematics is sure to come in handy time and time again.
- Offers a unique programmed approach that takes users through the mathematics in a step-by-step fashion with a wealth of worked examples and exercises.
- Contains Quizzes, Learning Outcomes and Can You? Checklists that guide readers through each topic and focus understanding.
- Includes an expanded Foundation section including new chapters on Graphs, Trigonometry, Binomial Series and Functions.
- Ideal as reference or a self-learning manual.
Extra Bonus! Visit Personal Tutor Online at palgrave.com/stroud, the companion website maintained by this book's British publisher, where you'll find hundreds of interactive practice questions and engineering applications questions putting the mathematics in context.
- Industrial Press, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 5TH BK&CDR
- Product dimensions:
- 7.44(w) x 9.70(h) x 2.31(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: FOUNDATION TOPICS
- Introduction to Algebra
- Expressions and Equations
- Linear and Simultaneous Linear Equations
- Polynomial Equations
- Partial Fractions
- Binomial Series
PART II: Complex Numbers, Parts 1 & 2
- Hyperbolic Functions
- Differentiation Applications, Parts 1 & 2
- Partial Differentiation, Parts 1 & 2
- Curves and Curve Fitting
- Series, Parts 1 & 2
- Integration, Parts 1 & 2
- Reduction Formulas
- Applications, Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Approximate Integration
- Polar Coordinates System
- Multiple Integrals
- First-Order Differential Equations
- Second-Order Differential Equations
- Introduction to the Laplace Transform
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This is the most comprehensive math book I have ever used. It's simplicity in presenting advanced theories was so amazing. I will be saving this for my kids.