- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is a study of the presence of Greek and Latin in British literature since the Renaissance. While the influence of Greek and Roman literature on British literature has been extensively surveyed, the role of those ancient languages themselves within modern British literature has only begun to be studied. This book is a study of the literary representation and dramatization of English in contact with Greek and Latin.
1. Multilingualism in Literature
2. Varieties of Language Purism
3. The Interference of Latin with English Literature
4. Greek Influence on English Poetry
5. Apollo, Dionysus, and Nineteenth-Century English and German Poetry