Entity Framework 6 Recipesby Zeeshan Hirani, Larry Tenny, Nitin Gupta, Brian Driscoll
Entity Framework6 Recipes provides an exhaustive collection of ready-to-use code solutions for Entity Framework, Microsoft'smodel-centric, data-access platform for the .NET Framework and ASP.NET development. With this book, you will learn the core concepts of Entity Framework through a broad range of clear and concise solutions to everyday data access/em>… See more details below
Entity Framework6 Recipes provides an exhaustive collection of ready-to-use code solutions for Entity Framework, Microsoft'smodel-centric, data-access platform for the .NET Framework and ASP.NET development. With this book, you will learn the core concepts of Entity Framework through a broad range of clear and concise solutions to everyday data access tasks. Armed with this experience, you will be ready to dive deep into Entity Framework, experiment with new approaches, and develop ways to solve even the most difficult data access challenges. If you are a developer who likes to learn by example, then this is the right book for you.
- Gives ready-to-use, real-world recipes to help you with everyday tasks
- Places strong focus on DbContext and the Code First approach
- Covers new features such as Asynch Query and Save, Codebased Configuration, Connection Resiliency, Dependency Resolution, and much more
What you’ll learn
- Implement basic data access design patterns using Entity Framework.
- Seamlessly model your solutions across both code and data.
- Provide data access to Windows 8 and Metro applications.
- Integrate with WCF Data Services
- Improve data access performance.
- Simplify and reduce your code through data binding.
Who this book is for
Entity Framework 6 Recipes is for anyone learning Microsoft’s Entity FrameworkMicrosoft’s primary data access platform in the .NET Framework. If you have ever struggled to learn a new technology, programming model, or way of doing something, you know how helpful simple and real-world examples can be. For the beginning developer, this book provides concrete examples for common data access tasks. For developers having experience with previous Microsoft data access platforms, this book provides a task-by-task mapping between previous approaches and the patterns used in Entity Framework.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Entity Framework
- Entity Data Modeling Fundamentals
- Querying an Entity Data Model
- Using Entity Framework in ASP.NET
- Loading Entities and Navigation Properties
- Beyond the Basics with Modeling and Inheritance
- Working with Object Services
- Plain Old CLR Objects
- Using the Entity Framework in N-Tier Applications
- Stored Procedures
- Customizing Entity Framework Objects
- Improving Performance
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2nd ed. 2013
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >