Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life: Making Money in the Metaverseby Daniel Terdiman
Business is booming in Second Life, and many residents are earning big bucks in-world—and so can you. This unique guide, written by well-known journalist Daniel Terdiman, walks you through what it takes to launch and run a successful Second Life business. Whether you want to become a real estate tycoon,/i>/b>/i>/b>
Profit from your second life
Business is booming in Second Life, and many residents are earning big bucks in-world—and so can you. This unique guide, written by well-known journalist Daniel Terdiman, walks you through what it takes to launch and run a successful Second Life business. Whether you want to become a real estate tycoon, an entertainment mogul, or a famous fashion designer, you'll get the inside tips and know-how you need to join the ranks of successful Second Life entrepreneurs.
You'll discover the unique challenges and opportunities of running an in-world business. You'll delve into the most popular Second Life business and get practical pointers from some of the metaverse's best-known entrepreneurs. And you'll get the nuts-and-bolts expertise you need to succeed, from developing a unique product or service to mounting an effective marketing campaign.
- Business basics: Get the lowdown on SL business models, setting up shop, and tracking revenue and expenses
- Real estate and construction: Learn the secrets for success in these popular in-world business
- Fashion, gadgets, and toys: Discover how to cash in on your creativity
- Entertainment, music, blogging, and more: Explore a range of other lucrative opportunities in the metaverse
- Marketing and advertising: Find proven ways to get the word out on your business
- Teen Second Life: Get the scoop on business opportunities in SL's teen-only grid
- Practical know-how: Find sample business plans, typical costs for goods and services, and expected income by industry
Learn what makes a store great
See how the experts market their businesses
Understand the technical skills necessary to make compelling products
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.38(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.63(d)
Meet the Author
Daniel Terdiman is an award-winning CNET News.com reporter who has been covering Second Life since 2003. He spearheaded efforts that made CNET the first mainstream news organization with a permanent in-world presence. Widely recognized as a leading Second Life and virtual worlds expert, he has written for media outlets ranging from the New York Times to Wired magazine to Time magazine. Daniel is also a frequent speaker at such conferences as Game Developers Conference, the Austin Games Conference, South by Southwest, and Webzine.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >