Environment / Edition 6by Peter H. Raven, Linda R. Berg, David M. Hassenzahl
Pub. Date: 01/28/2008
Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
Help is on the Web!
There is more to Environment, 4e by Raven and Berg than what you see in this text. An enhanced book-specific Web site will help you further examine critical environmental issues. The Web site offers a variety of activities to help you succeed in your course and additional tools that will help you make environmentally responsible choices.… See more details below
Help is on the Web!
There is more to Environment, 4e by Raven and Berg than what you see in this text. An enhanced book-specific Web site will help you further examine critical environmental issues. The Web site offers a variety of activities to help you succeed in your course and additional tools that will help you make environmentally responsible choices.
Online resources include:
- Environmental Debates provide the opportunity to learn about two sides of a contentious issue affecting the environment.
- Activity Links identify the most useful Internet links related to the environment and present short exercises that invite you to use these links to increase your understanding of the material.
- Take a Stand activities encourage you to think critically and carefully weigh the short- and long-term advantages and disadvantages of a particular position relating to an environmental situation.
- Research Projects provide you with specific suggestions for topics, reading materials, research techniques, and activities.
- Case Studies highlight key issues in environmental science and lead you to related Web sites for further information.
- How to Make a Difference shows how to get involved in environmental issues and lists environmental organizations that you can join.
- Student Lounge offers valuable study tips and writing tips that will help you get a better grade.
- Quizzes and Essays test your understanding of each chapter with multiple-choice, true/false questions, and short-answer essay questions. You can email your answers and responses directly to your instructor.
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.06(w) x 10.71(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of ContentsPART ONE: HUMANS IN THE ENVIRONMENT.
Chapter 1: Our Changing Environment.
Chapter 2: Addressing Environmental Problems, Part I.
Chapter 3: Addressing Environmental Problems, PART II.
PART TWO: THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.
Chapter 4: Ecosystems and Energy.
Chapter 5: Ecosystems and Living Organisms.
Chapter 6: Ecosystems and the Physical Environment.
Chapter 7: Major Ecosystems of the World.
PART THREE: A CROWDED WORLD.
Chapter 8: Understanding Population Growth.
Chapter 9: Facing the Problems of Overpopulation.
PART FOUR: THE SEARCH FOR ENERGY.
Chapter 10: Fossil Fuels.
Chapter 11: Nuclear Energy.
Chapter 12: Renewable Energy and Conservation.
PART FIVE: OUR PRECIOUS RESOURCES.
Chapter 13: Water: A Fragile Resource.
Chapter 14: Soils and Their Preservation.
Chapter 15: Minerals: A Nonrenewable Resource.
Chapter 16: Preserving Earth's Biological Diversity.
Chapter 17: Land Resources and Conservation.
Chapter 18: Food Resources: A Challenge for Agriculture.
PART SIX: ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS.
Chapter 19: Air Pollution.
Chapter 20: Global Atmospheric Changes.
Chapter 21: Water and Soil Pollution.
Chapter 22: The Pesticide Dilemma.
Chapter 23: Solid and Hazardous Wastes.
PART SEVEN: TOMORROW'S WORLD.
Chapter 24: Tomorrow's World.
Appendix I: Review of Basic Chemistry.
Appendix II: How to Make a Difference.
Appendix III: Green Collar Professions.
Appendix IV: Units of Measure: Some Useful Conversions.
Appendix V: Graphing.
Appendix VI: Abbreviations, Formulas, and AcronymsUsed in this Text.
Appendix VII: Solutions to Quantitative "Thinking About the Environment" Questions.
Appendix VIII: World Population Data Sheet Assignment.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >