Environmental Biotechnology: Theory and Application / Edition 2by Gareth G. Evans, Judy Furlong
Pub. Date: 02/15/2011
Environmental Biotechnology: Theory and Applications, 2nd Edition is designed to draw together the microscopic, functional level and the macroscopic, practical applications of biotechnology and to explain how the two relate within an environmental context. It presents the practical biological approaches currently employed to address environmental/sup>
Environmental Biotechnology: Theory and Applications, 2nd Edition is designed to draw together the microscopic, functional level and the macroscopic, practical applications of biotechnology and to explain how the two relate within an environmental context. It presents the practical biological approaches currently employed to address environmental problems and provides the reader with a working knowledge of the science that underpins them. Biotechnology has now become a realistic alternative to many established approaches for manufacturing, land remediation, pollution control and waste management and is therefore an essential aspect of environmental studies. Fully updated to reflect new developments in the field and with all new case studies throughout this edition will be essential reading for undergraduates and masters students taking modules in Biotechnology or Pollution Control as part of Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Environmental Biology programmes.
· Includes all new up-to-date case studies to illustrate practical applications
· New edition fully revised to reflect advances in the field including recent genomics and proteomics research.
· Provides an indispensable single source reference point for this rapidly developing subject area
· collates and presents information from a range of sub-disciplines in an accessible and reader-friendly manner
· Divides the topic into logical strands covering pollution, waste and manufacturing
· Fully updated section on Biofuels and increased coverage of environmental toxicology
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 9.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Environmental Biotechnology.
Chapter 2 Microbes and Metabolism.
Chapter 3 Fundamentals of Biological Intervention.
Chapter 4 Pollution and Pollution Control.
Chapter 5 Contaminated Land and Bio-remediation.
Chapter 6 Aerobes and Effluents.
Chapter 7 Phytotechnology and Photosynthesis.
Chapter 8 Biotechnology and Waste.
Chapter 9 Genetic Manipulation.
Chapter 10 Integrated Environmental Biotechnology.
Bibliography and suggested further reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >