Enzyme Inhibition in Drug Discovery and Development: The Good and the Bad / Edition 1by Chuang Lu
This book covers the science and approaches of enzyme inhibition applied in drug discovery and drug development, including both pharmacology and pharmacokinetic aspects of enzyme inhibition. Additionally, the book covers the inhibition of drug metabolizing and disposition enzymes including transporters (mostly "bad" or "undesirable" enzyme inhibition) as well as… See more details below
This book covers the science and approaches of enzyme inhibition applied in drug discovery and drug development, including both pharmacology and pharmacokinetic aspects of enzyme inhibition. Additionally, the book covers the inhibition of drug metabolizing and disposition enzymes including transporters (mostly "bad" or "undesirable" enzyme inhibition) as well as the inhibition of drug target enzymes (mostly the "good" or "desirable" enzyme inhibition). Each chapter details the basic scientific concepts, experimental approaches, data interpretation, and current challenges and promising advancements for a specific type of inhibition.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.46(w) x 9.34(h) x 1.77(d)
Table of Contents
PART I. DRUG DISCOVERY APPROACHES AND TECHNOLOGIES.
1. The Drug Discovery Process (Gerald T. Miwa).
2. Medicinal Chemistry of the Optimization of Enzyme Inhibitors (Geraldine Harriman, Amy Elder, and Indranath Ghosh).
3. Bioanalytical Technologies in Drug Discovery (Jing-Tao Wu).
4. Safety Biomarkers in Drug Development: Emerging Trends and Implications (Eric R. Fedyk).
5. The Role of Drug Metabolism in Drug Discovery (Tonika Bohnert and Liang-Shang Gan).
6. Applied Pharmacokinetics in Drug Discovery and Development (Hua Yang, Xingrong Liu, Anjaneya Chimalakonda, Zheng Lu, Cuiping Chen, Frank Lee, and Wen Chyi Shyu).
PART II. INHIBITION OF THE DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMES—THE UNDESIRABLE INHIBITION.
7. Enzyme Inhibition and Inactivation: Cytochrome P450 Enzymes (R. Scott Obach).
8. Cytochrome P450 Induction (Edward L. LeCluyse, Michael W. Sinz, Nicola Hewitt, Stephen S. Ferguson, and Jasminder Sahi).
9. Inhibition of Drug-Metabolizing Enzymes in Gastrointestinal Tract and Its Influence on the Drug–Drug Interaction Prediction (Aleksandra Galetin and J. Brian Houston).
10. Enzyme Inhibition in Various In Vitro Systems (Ping Zhou).
11. Cytochrome P450 Degradation and Its Clinical Relevance (Mingxiang Liao, Ping Kang, Bernard P. Murray, and Maria Almira Correia).
12. Complexities of Working with UDP-Glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs): Focus on Enzyme Inhibition (Michael B. Fisher).
13. Evaluation of Inhibitors of Drug Metabolism in Human Hepatocytes (Albert P. Li and Chuang Lu).
14. Grapefruit Juice and Its Constituents as New Esterase Inhibitors (Suresh K. Balani).
15. Transporter–Xenobiotic Interactions: An Important Aspect of Drug Development Studies (Gang Luo, Richard Ridgewell, and Thomas Guenthner).
16. Polymorphisms of Drug Transporters and Their Clinical Implications (Cindy Q. Xia and Johnny J. Yang).
17. Clinical Drug Interactions Due to Metabolic Inhibition: Prediction, Assessment, and Interpretation (Lisa L. von Moltke and David J. Greenblatt).
18. Predicting Interindividual Variability of Metabolic Drug–Drug Interactions: Identifying the Causes and Accounting for Them Using Systems Approach (Amin Rostami-Hodjegan).
PART III. INHIBITION OF THE DRUG TARGET ENZYMES—THE DESIRABLE INHIBITION.
19. NF-κB: Mechanism, Tumor Biology, and Inhibitors (Lenny Dang).
20. G-Protein-Coupled Receptors as Drug Targets (Wenyan Miao and Lijun Wu).
21. Pharmacological Modulation of Ion Channels for the Treatment of Chronic Pain (Yi Liu and Ning Qin).
22. Targeting the mTOR Pathway for Tumor Therapeutics (Wei Chen).
23. HIV-1 Protease Inhibitors as Antiretroviral Agents (Sergei V. Gulnik, Elena Afonina, and Michael Eissenstat).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >