Epidemiology, Updated Edition: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 3by Leon Gordis
This popular book applies the author's many years of clinical and teaching experience to make the principles and methods of epidemiology easy to understand and enjoyable to read about. A clear, concise writing style and just the right dose of humor explain the role of epidemiology in measuring disease in a community, estimating risks, and influencing public policy… See more details below
This popular book applies the author's many years of clinical and teaching experience to make the principles and methods of epidemiology easy to understand and enjoyable to read about. A clear, concise writing style and just the right dose of humor explain the role of epidemiology in measuring disease in a community, estimating risks, and influencing public policy and ethical concerns. Line diagrams, cartoons, and review questions with answers reinforce the text.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
• Access to the complete text and illustrations of this book.
• Integration links to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles.
• Content clipping for your handheld.
• An interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources.
• The more STUDENT CONSULT titles you buy, the more resources you can access online!
• Look for the STUDENT CONSULT logo on your favorite Elsevier textbooks!
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.44(w) x 10.06(h) x 0.58(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Section I: The Epidemiologic Approach to Disease and Intervention
2. The Dynamics of Disease Transmission
3. Measuring the Occurrence of Disease
4. Assessing the Validity and Reliability of Diagnostic and Screening Tests
5. The Natural History of Disease: Ways of Expressing Prognosis
6. Assessing the Efficacy of Preventive and Therapeutic Measures: Randomized Trials
7. Randomized Trials: Some Further Issues
Section II: Using Epidemiology to Identify the Cause of Disease
8. Cohort Studies
9. Case-Control and Cross-Sectional Studies
10. Estimating Risk: Is There an Association?
11. More on Risk: Estimating the Potential for Prevention
12. A Pause for Review: Comparing Cohort and Case-Control Studies
13. From Association to Causation: Deriving Inferences from Epidemiologic Studies
14. More on Causal Inferences: Bias, Confounding, and Interaction
15. Identifying the Roles of Genetic and Environmental Factors in Disease Causation
Section III: Applying Epidemiology to Evaluation and Policy
16. Using Epidemiology to Evaluate Health Services
17. The Epidemiologic Approach to Evaluation of Screening Programs
18. Epidemiology and Public Policy
19. Ethical and Professional Issues in Epidemiology
ANSWERS TO REVIEW QUESTIONS
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >